Making Bacon Experiment was a Success – No Paralysis Yet

So for Father’s Day I made my own bacon following an adapted recipe from the Ruhlman book on Charcuterie. You’ll find several versions on the web.

Tasted great if slightly too salty for the end bits. May need to experiment with smoking. Certainly I’ve got enough left to make a tonne of lardons.

The immediately obvious difference compared to regular bacon is that when fried the bacon didn’t release half its’ weight in brine.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s